If you want to learn how to grow orchids we are here to tell you that it is quite hard, you have to be a flower lover in order to grow these flowers. You have to keep them is a special environment if you want to keep them healthy. It is best that you grow them indoors because here you can create the perfect environment for them. Although this flower requires a lot of time investment from your part the result is worth it.
Here is how to grow orchids in the comfort of your home:
- The first thing you have to do is buy and orchid and place it in an area that receives natural sunlight. Do not leave your flower at a window where the hot sun can burn it. This can happen during summer when the sun is very powerful.
- If your house does not offer enough sunlight for your flower you should buy a lamp for flowers. You can find it at any hardware store.
- Water the plant regularly because it needs water. This is an exotic plant so the lack of water is not an option. Make sure that you do not over water it or you will damage it. You should water it every day just to keep the soil moist.
- Move your orchid from the small container you bought in to a pot. Pull the plant out gently because the roots are very delicate. It needs a bigger pot in order to develop normal and healthy.
- According to the type of orchid you have you will need to repot the plant once a year or once every couple of years.
- Make sure that you fertilize your flower in order to keep it healthy and strong. The fertilizer you add to your flower should be special, it should be made for orchids. If you go to a garden center the people there will know what to give you.
- If you forget to water your plant at a certain point do not add a lot of water at once. You should add little by little because large quantities of water damage the flower.
So, as you can see it is not so easy to grow orchids, they need a lot of attention and care, therefore you need to read how to grow orchids. If you want to enjoy this beautiful and exotic flower you have to be willing to dedicate a lot of time to it. Make sure that you put it in a place where it has natural light but not direct light.